About Drupal North East
Drupal North East is a user group for developers, themers, designers, administrators and users of Drupal to meet up with like-minded people and share all things Drupal.
After meeting up through internationally held networking events such as Drupalcons held in Munich, Denver, London, Paris, Copenhagen and Chicago and discussion on IRC, a group of Drupal enthusiasts came together to create Drupal North East. Members meet monthly, typically the last Wednesday of the month at Campus North in Newcastle. Events feature guest speakers who present on a wide range of topics.
Attendance averages 15 members with 70 Drupalists on the mailing list. Our members have a wide range of skills and experience and we're constantly looking for input from all the local Drupal people. Among others, the aim of the group and its members include:
- Demonstrations of projects, modules and themes developed by local Drupal users
- Training and skill sharing between developers and designers using Drupal
- Promotion of Drupal with developers and designers interested in using Drupal
- Sharing information about Drupal events and meet-ups taking place Nationally and Internationally including Drupal Camps and Drupalcon
- Having regional representation at up-coming Drupalcon events in Europe and America
- Building trusted relationships between Drupal companies and freelancers to share resources and increase employment in the region
If you want to get involved, you can register now and ensure you'll be kept up to date with all the information for the next meet-up. If you'd rather not register, you can follow us on Twitter, or of course just turn up on the day. Check the Events section for details of upcoming meetings. Any ideas on programme content you’d like to see or if you would want to share your experience we’d like to hear from you!